Friday, April 10, 2015

Frozen Summer & Columbina (A Psychological Thriller) by Geetha Madhuri and Cynthia Vincent Daniel

Frozen Summer & Columbina (A Psychological Thriller) by Geetha Madhuri and Cynthia Vincent Daniel



Geetha Madhuri is by profession an IT Employee and writer by passion,  known for her published short story "The One and Only Purpose" anthology, Time's Lost Atlas. Her current novel "Frozen Summer" published as India's First Ever Double Header.  Frozen Summer & Columbina, will take readers on a psychological thriller till the end, it also has Suspense, Mystery thrown in for good measure all the way to the end.

Frozen Summer


The backdrop for Frozen Summer takes place in a city called Hyderabad in South India. Where two women are in struggling strange situation however the story start off very differently than other thriller stories, this one starts off on a train and end a place you could not possibly imagine. It made me nervous, sad, excited, as well as taking me on a thrilling ride all at the same time. It starts off a little routine and familiar. However the speed at which things take place one after the other, kept me glued to this book till the end. Geetha got the narration of the story perfect. The message at the end of it right on point, it had extreme everything in it. It kept me guessing all the way to the end, in fact, the ending of the story blew my mind away.


If you are more of romance person,  this book is not for you  if you are a lover of thrillers, mystery's, and suspense this book is perfect for you. Go read it right now. I would have like to see romance for someone in this story though. However, I love how the psychology took my mind away in the whole story line,  wish it would have been longer as well have gone into more depth of the people in the story. Given the shortness of this story Geetha did an amazing job of getting whole story line in the book and not leaving you wondering.



Cynthia Vincent Daniel is an avid reader one of her articles got published in the famous travel website called “Cox and Kings.” She is a positive thinker, author, traveler, and a person who believes in the power of acceptances.



Columbina

The backdrop for this story takes place on the eerie, beautiful island Alcatraz, is  known as the World's most cruel penitentiary. It starts off familiar to me it has two clear protagonists.  The stereotype ends here which makes it interesting to me, however, the way the writer narrates and describes every scenario is a huge plus for this book. One of the best murder mystery’s I have read in long time. It would  be nice to see it come to life in a series. Cynthia Vincent Daniel Has a wonderful imagination; she is great story teller I felt like I was right there next to the characters in the book.

I will give her credit she did her homework before putting this story together. She researched the lunar calendar and the Alcatraz she got her facts right. I love she didn’t make up the facts, and I would have loved  the book to be longer I could not stop reading it. There was nothing that I did not like about this story it truly kept me guessing all the way to the end. Then it didn’t end how I thought it would which I loved not your normal ending. This story is  a true psychological Thriller.

For this begins India’s first ever double header book, I find it to be home run. Both of these women have two unique stories that blended amazingly well together. I hope to read more from the both of them in the future I feel they are both up, and coming writers keep an eye on them.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason for this is because it keep me engaged in both of the story plots till the end. They are both psychological thrillers, have suspense, as well as mystery most books to not have all of this in them, plus the second story could also be considered good guys read as well. They both made your head turn throughout the book

0 comments: