Friday, May 13, 2011

I learned how to knit

YAY this is my 175th post, I'm sure you are wondering what I'm going to post about! Well I'm going to talk about something I just learned how to do thanks to book and  wanting to learn how to do, and that would be learn how to knit! Yes that is right I'm learning how to knit! I know how to crochet but I have always wanted to learn how to knit, since I have not grandmother knitting stuff I figured when not learn how to do so, I have tried doing myself and not knowing what I'm doing, I even tried one of those I tough myself how to knit and it didn't work, of all things that helped me was a book called Stitch 'n Bitch: The knitter's handbook by Debbie Stoller http://www.knithappens.com/ that is her website if you want to check it out. I ended up buying the book at Barnes and noble. Let me tell you it was worth every penny if you want to learn how to know, also I did have another tool to help me as well when I was not fully sure on what I read and was not 100% sure I was knitting this other tool was YouTube.com!  Here is photo of the little piece that I made it took me many many tries and rip outs to get this and I did I'm so happy I think why I had hard time is because I was using baby yarn I think I should have used another yarn from my yarn stash to try this Knit, purl stitch on but I didn't none the less I did get it many many tries later! I'm still trying to get use to having two needles and not hook. Will I quit crocheting to go to knitting? Nope I like them both I WILL do both! I just had to share this with all of you and I will keep posting on my progress of this as well. I know it will take time to get better at this just like it did with crochet.


This is my first knit purl stitch that I made after many many tries later

0 comments: