Monday, August 17, 2009

Hand made home made gifts

As most of you know I made baby blanket,bibs, and I'm trying to learn how to make high top baby booties. I made the bibs and blanket for one of the girls that I work with she is having baby boy next month, I was not able to go to the shower because it was too soon after my operation so I'm going to give her my gift. This got me thinking about how I see people out at farmers markets auctions, fairs, ect looking for hand made gifts weather they be knit or crochet people want them and sometimes don't mind playing the price for some of them. I did get ask by my best friend Jamie to make her blanket because she liked the one that I made for her daughter so Begin the best friend that I am I starting to make her one, along with trying to make the baby booties as well because sometime you need break. I'm thinking about making somethings to put on ebay and esty to see how they sell maybe I can make some money making things esp since the holidays are coming upon us really soon. I have heard people saying why are their not as much hand made gifts no more or how come their are no more cute little clothes crocheted or knitted anymore? To me that is good question I do wonder too I know I'm not along in this question I think it comes down to time money and wanting to make it. I know that I still give hand made gifts to friends family people I work with, not to be cheap but because it will last longer and it's personal touch/gift that meant you took time to make it for them. I think we all need to take time to explore are artistic side.

0 comments: